Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Best Blogger Awards!

 

Dear Students,

After weeks of writing, writing, and writing some more, I'd like to take this time to present to you the best blogs of GLPS 17.  It's been really tough deciding, and I'd like to give you all a round of applause.  I think you've all improved, learned new skills, discovered some creativity, and had fun along the way.  

Please be aware that performance on key assignments was weighted, and to be fair - all blogs were judged as late as possible in the program.  Quantity, Quality, and Creativity were the things I focused on. It has taken a very long time to decide.  These results, combined with Debate and History, determine the Scholarship Awards.

Here are the best blogs of GLPS, listed by class:

Class 14

1st  -  Vanessa Shin
2nd -  Yewon Jung
3rd  - Jiwoo Hong

Honorable Mention: Yein Jung (and the rest of the class!)

Note: Class 14 was awesome! I had a VERY difficult time choosing the best blogs, and ultimately I think you are all such hard working students.  Vanessa and Yewon especially had more than 20 blog posts!! That's amazing. Keep up the great work, and keep blogging. I'm sure most of you will.

Class 15

1st  -  Petra
2nd -  Chloe
3rd  -  Lim Habin


Honorable Mention: Jeonghyun Kim


Note: This class had some excellent writers and hard working bloggers. Very hard to decide the top 4, as they are all so close together.  I'm glad to have had such a fun bunch of students.  The Chainwriting was a lot of fun with you guys.  Tons of creativity! Keep it up.



Class 19


 1st -  Jiyoon Kim
 3rd - Soyeon Lee


Honorable Mention: Aram Yun

Note:  This class really impressed me towards the end of the camp. You might have been a bit slow to get started, but you really improved.  It was fun playing Mafia in our last class. I wish you'd been like that the entire camp. Hope to see you again, and hope you keep blogging.;)


Class 20


1st  - Yun San
2nd - Daeun Hwang
3rd  - Jeongwoo Park


Honorable Mention: Gyujin


Note:  This class improved the most during the camp.  At first you guys took some time to get blogging, but once you got into it I read some amazing work.  Yun San's "Dear Door" is probably the best thing I read all camp, and both DJ and I were "Wow!"  Please read it! and Jeongwoo wrote a very touching Ode to The Moon. Daeun's blog is very consistent, and Gyujin's blog looks nice and has some of her pics on it. A bit of everything.  Good work guys! Keep blogging!!!


Congratulations to all! 
Let's keep in touch: )

9 comments:

  1. Um...what about class 14 and 15?
    I really want to know that :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, teachers for your efforts in this camp.

    Aram~ I'd like to congratulate you on getting the Honorable Mention.
    It's the greatest because I believe you have been doing your best in the camp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you Anonymous.:)

    Petra - I'm working on it. Your class is REALLY hard to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I gave a list of top bloggers to your advisor teachers already. But I want to make sure I do a good job for ranking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow~ I don't know I got a Honorable Mention! Thank you Mr.G.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah! I won the third place!!!
    Thank you so much teaching me for one month^^
    It is my honor to be taught by you and to be chosen as top four students in our class.

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations, everyone
    it was a pleasure to meet you all
    I have about 7 months left to go to America and have nothing much to do, so if you need my help, feel free to contact me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks a lot Mr.G!
    I'm so proud...I am in second place!
    Let's keep in touch~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Mr.G!
    I will put more effort on blog posting~!

    ReplyDelete